Skull 77 El Unico
· Strength: 2/5 Mild-Medium
· Smoking Time: 60 minutes
· Country of Origin: Costa Rica
· Size: 58 X 5.5”
· Vitola: Toro Gordo
· Box size: 15
· Wrapper: Habano 2000 Ecuador
· Binder: Ecuador
· Filler: Peru, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua
· Characteristics: Dark chocolate, earth, spice, wood, black pepper
Mike's Notes -
This cigar closely resembles the Cohiba Majestusos in size (one of the largest cigars in the Habanos portfolio). Definitely one of the largest ring gauge cigar we will ever carry in our portfolio. There is definitely a growing trend towards bigger ring gauge cigars globally. In many respects, I guess you are getting more cigar for your money and in terms of construction, there should be less issues with the draw.
Even though the cigar dimensions are large, the blend is balanced and very enjoyable. It does not feel like a beast in my hand. The burn was very even and the ash was whiteish grey.